Well folks, the peace and quite of feet on land (or sand) has ended. If you’ve ever been onboard a ship you know what I mean by quite. Basically no matter where you go, every space onboard has at least a loud air vent blowing. So for me to sit outside with a nice breeze and hear absolutely nothing was pretty nice – funny what you appreciate and don’t even know it.
Okay so, we’re one step closer to home now. We’ve reached the halfway point on our trip. With that our new #1 boss-man (CO) has started a 100 day countdown competition within the crew. 100 push-ups for 100 days left. Look out Tyler, I may beast you in the weight lifting competition we have going. I hope this message finds you with everything A-okay at home. Things onboard have been great since the change of command. What a difference a new/inspirational CO can have on the crew. One of his (new and refreshing to us) big ticket items are his five C’s. – seems silly but, it has made a big difference and shows his different style. Cooperation, Compassion, Confidence, Competence, and Cockiness are now our new philosophies onboard.
Alisa is making a lot of progress on our to do list for the wedding – I still think you could plan for one three months out by the way J. It is soccer season again and the team is as well keeping her busy. Apparently coaching is a bit more difficult when she doesn’t have such a strapping young lad such as me to help her along as a demonstrator.
Harry sprained his ankle the other day planning baseball. I guess he does take after his older brother (I think I’m up to 5 or 6 times on the right one now).
My division is making a lot of progress since I’ve been onboard. A lot of it can be credited to my chief of course, but I think we make a good leadership team. I am as always making progress myself too. I didn’t realize how much paperwork a divo is responsible for. I had to learn the hard way just receintly … This past week, because I delayed a few key pieces of paperwork, I almost screwed a sailor of mine out of his desired transfer date and end of tour award. Must keep the paper flying in and out of my to do box for sure! No worries in the end with a little work the paperwork got through the chain of command and he will be making it out of hear on time and with award in hand, so everybody’s happy now.
The "sand pit" as it's called was pretty damn fun, especially after being at sea for such a prolonged time. Pictures to follow this message ... okay have to run.
Mark, OUT!
3 comments:
You look exhausted in that last picture! You must be working sooo hard.
It sounds like your new CO has given you all a burst of energy. Glad to hear he treats everyone fair. Miss you, look for a package from home soon : )
love you so much, mommadukes
HAHA! Actually, that's the day after our first night inport ... I must have just been a bit run over from the night time fun.
Okay! No sympathy for the party animal!! This 100 Day count down sounds like a great thing. We're doing it here too. Thanks for the recent email. I printed it and read to the whole fam. You're the best. LOL MIL
Post a Comment