Today is one of those lazy Sundays. Well, it’s as lazy as I could make it with our buy operational schedule. I spoke with Alisa on the phone last night for a whole 40 minutes! What a treat … so my soul was very satisfied today, but I am having a hard time concentrating on work with so many good stories I heard on the phone. I do miss home, that’s for sure.
I hope this doesn’t disappoint anyone, but here it goes anyway … For planning purposes, I would like it if my new wife and I could spend the first few days after deployment alone together. You are my family and very important to me, but I want to put our relationship first on the list and then make sure to visit everyone. Is that okay with everyone? Don’t worry, I still love you.
Spring time at home eh? The season of baseball and track and field is in full swing. I wonder what the weather is like (cold/warm/rainy). You would be surprised but I don’t make it outside very often. We have flight ops going on at an almost constant basis so the topside is secure quite often. It is nice to have an occasional picnic (see pictures). That’s what they call a flight deck picnic. I like the picture of the burger flipping. He
7 comments:
Mr. Mark... We love a man who's devoted to his marriage and wife, Especially when the wife is our Alisa. I think that's a great plan. Its so good to know we're on the down swing. LOL, MIL and PIL
Yo, what's goin on there, ensign?
I read about the iPod case and would like to know some more details. Anyway i like the pictures , it seems like your seeing a lot of interesting parts of the planet, and probably meeting a lot of interesting people , too? are you allowed to interact with locals? See you when you get back, brotha
- harry
Son,
No worries about visitors. I agree w/MIL & PIL - you are devoted to your wife & marriage first. That is good. Hey, I'm just glad you'll be back in the USA. Just in time for summer and surfing. Jersey corn & tomatoes???
love you,
mom
Speaking of meeting interesting people, I bumped into a guy at the waterpark. We started a'talkin' and turns out, he's from Iran. It caught me off guard, I didn't know what to say at first, BUT just a normal dude like me. Funny how international conflict can be forgotten when people are having fun at a waterpark. Look forward to more fun port visit pictures here shortly. I miss you all and am def looking forward to some jersey corn and tomatoes! Thanks for being understanding about the whole 1st weekend thing :).
Love you all,
Mark
Chillin N Grillin topside..makin the best of what ya got..Love that! Dana's cuz Jeff
What! Time alone with your new wife, no no no none of that. The whole soccer team will be over as soon as you get home ;) Not long now huh? Well still probably seems like forever for you guys. I've got a friend whos husband is on your ship and she is counting down the days literally (as Alisa is too I'm sure) Lyndsey got 2 goals the other day, it was great! It's pretty bad you've cooked out and I haven't yet lol Ya'll aren't gonna have an extended deployment are you? I've seen some of that crap going on on the news. I will pray that don't happen to ya'll. Well take care of yourself and see ya soon! :)
where in the world is mr. mark??? Clues he gave... what falls from clouds to water the earth? BA goes in front of it...get it now?
Post a Comment