Sunday, April 1, 2007

Late entry


“Give it to me four times” 3/15/2007

So today I experienced my third Non-Judicial Punishment case (think captain’s court house). It’s a long process and (I can attest through experience from both being judged and judger) is very exhausting for everyone. For instance, the accused has to live with making a fool out of him/herself in front of their whole division and chain of command. As well, the chain of command must decide how to provide the proper lessons learned/punishment for the sailor while at the same time must avoid totally alienating the sailor from their shipmates – it’s definitely a rebuilding process. Yeah, it is a crappy experience in general. Today we and ultimately the captain had to judge on the truthfulness of a sailor (of mine) who was accused of steeling divisional shipmate’s ipod. As it turned out he/we couldn’t really prove she wasn’t 100% guilty. People throughout speculated in both directions, like I said we now face a rebuilding phase and I just hope that more problems will not stem from this.

Yes! Soon we will be hitting a port for another break in the action. Looks like we need it too … (too much studying)

“The long move north” 3/17/2007

What is big and grey … full of salty seme sailors … it scares pirates … and moves as slow as a whale? No, it’s not a really hungry whale that swallowed a small ship. Who would jump to that conclusion?! It’s the BATAAN moving north to carry out it’s next mission -- see you later east coast of Africa, hello Middle East. Okay, that was pretty ridiculous … I guess I’m just excited to be pulling into port again (that and the fact that it is now about 330 in the morning). Okay time for sleep.
~Mark

1 comment:

The Essense of My Life said...

wow, sounds like some serious integrity issues need addressing.. good thing you're the man on the job!