Tuesday, June 26, 2007

On the Road Home








Well, it’s been a long trip so far but we’re almost home. I like these pictures from Rota, Spain. Rick and I were glad to have stopped for a short port break but obviously we wanted to keep sailing across the Atlantic and forget the port visit all together.
Home is that way, don’t tread on me.

I’m glad we did stop though because we had a good old time. We saw sunflower fields that spilled over the horizon.
\We saw bull fighting stadiums. We ate in cafes on cliff overhangs. We ate rabbit, drank sangria, ate pastries, and pizza. We shopped for gifts. We actually watched time go by slow (for once). We had a good time.
Pretty soon Harry, Tyler, and Don will be onboard and we’ll be showing them a good time. For those of you who don’t know, our ship is holding a tiger cruise in which family members have the opportunity to see exactly what their sailor has been doing for the past six months. Hopefully the weather will be fair, otherwise the trip may turn into a sea sick vacation they will not soon forget. No worries though, this big old girl doesn’t rock’n’roll very much even in rough seas.

<<>>
I tell you it is a great feeling to be coming home. This past six months seem to have taken for ever to pass - 178 weeks according to the deployment tracker. I have to tell you I am feeling for Steve as he continues on his tour of duty. He left for Iraq before I pulled out of Norfolk and he still has yet to come home. Good luck out there big guy and come home safe to us!
I promised more fun pictures of the OC spray day and so here they are:
Step one, get sprayed in the face.
Step two, beat up on some pads.
Step three, defend yourself.
Step four, wash like no tomorrow.
Step five, laugh about the experience.

Well. It’s bed time for me. Only a few short days away from the states. How sweet


Mark

6 comments:

The Essense of My Life said...

possibly could hit up botanical gardens NEXT weekend, what ya think? (feels good to say next, huh?)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I might be going to SWOS in August! I know it was in your last post, but oh well.

Anonymous said...

sweet chris! that would be awesome if we could meet up. i miss you big time.

The Essense of My Life said...

holy cow, this time tomorrow the ship will be coming round the corner when she comes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mark!
Welcome home whenever you get back; I am not sure which day it will be ... (Is it tomorrow?)
Hopefully, you'll be home in the US of A by the "Fourth" so that you can enjoy some fireworks, cookouts, and quality relaxing time!
Will be calling you soon after you've had some time to settle in.
Have a great homecoming!
Thanks for all that you do to protect all of us here at home!
Love you,
Aunt Barbara

Anonymous said...

This is a great day............homecoming!!!! see you so soon, love mom