Monday, February 19, 2007

The Middle of the Night (Feb 7)

Loud noises and strange lights (in the middle of the night) (Thursday Feb 7):

Strange things happen in the middle of the night. On my bridge watch we suddenly spotted a faintly flashing light about two miles out. With my super blazzin eyes I can usually recognize distant contacts, and so I feel confident when I say that had to have been a life raft.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say, most people would agree: loud noises are annoying when you are trying to sleep. I’m also gonna through out the observation that most people can get used to almost anything. Like loud noises when you are trying to sleep. Banging wheel blocks on the deck, dragging chains overhead, helicopters landing, and jets taking off on top of you are a few examples. I’m not gonna say I’m most people because none of that bothers me anymore.

No comments: